A Family Account on the Solid platform is a checking account that has more than one person associated as members of a family. The use case for family accounts is a parent as the primary account holder who wishes to give debit cards with spending controls to their children.
- The primary person is the account holder and must pass KYC to open the account
- KYC requirements for other family members vary depending on use case and implementation
- Cards can be issued to the other family members and spending limits can be set for each card.
- Only the person who is the account holder can manage the account and take actions such as send/receive payments.
From an API standpoint, the Family API generally follows this workflow:
- Create a Person who will be the account holder
- Submit a KYC for the person
- Retrieve a KYC for the person. If approved...
- Create a Family with the personId of the approved person
- Create an Account passing the familyId in the request object.
- Create a Person to be added as a member of the family
- Create a Member passing the familyId created in step 4 and the personId created in step 5
- Create a Card passing the sd-person-id for the family member to whom you want to issue the card