To enable add to wallet functionality to cards in your app, you need to obtain the necessary entitlements from the software platforms you want to enable the feature on. There's a few hoops to jump through. Below is a getting started guide.
Apple Pay Entitlements
To get started, your Apple developer account owner should send an email to Apple Pay Entitlements ( email@example.com). It’s also recommended that you copy your team members on that email. The body of the email should include:
- A request to enable Apple Pay push provisioning in your app
- App name (as it appears on AppStore Connect)
- Developer team ID
- Bundle ID: (eg. com.company.appname)
You will receive a response email from Apple Pay Entitlements <firstname.lastname@example.org> confirming that the In-App Provisioning entitlement has been granted.
Possible questions that may come up from Apple, once you email them with the above App details:
- Who is the sponsor bank you are working with to offer your debit or credit product?
- Evolve Bank & Trust
- Please provide an overview of your product and how you plan to use Apple Pay:
- We'd like to provide the user a way to add it directly from the app using 'Add to Wallet' interface provided by Apple.
- Are you planning to offer both physical and virtual cards for customers?
- Yes/No (depends on your implementation)
- What are your proposed use cases for in-app (push) provisioning?
- Just one use case – the ability to add the card to the wallet directly from our app.
- Do you plan to use a 3rd party in the development and/or management of Apple Pay?
- If yes, please provide the company name.
- In what country are your business headquarters located?
- Your headquarters location.
- Team Name
- The name of your company or division.
Google Pay Entitlements
To get started with Google Pay push provisioning, follow these steps.
- Submit this request form: https://support.google.com/faqs/contact/pp_api_allowlist?authuser=1
- Complete UX Review submission: https://support.google.com/faqs/contact/pp_api_ux
Here are the questions and responses you will need to answer in the form:
- Select the option which best describes your company:
- Financial company or card issuer operating under a BIN Sponsor or Program Manager
- Does your company have a signed CTA with Google:
- No - we don't have a signed CTA yet, but we will be signing one soon.
- Does your BIN/Sponsor or Program Manager have a signed CTA agreement with Google? :
- Name of program manager:
- App Package name:
- Your app package name
- Launch Date:
- Your launch date
- Please select the appropriate network(s):
The GPFI Support Team email is: email@example.com