Using Solid's Create an Account API, you can open an account. Next, you can Fund an Account via Intrabank, ACH, Wire, or Depositing a Check. Once that account is funded, you can use the Solid Send APIs to make a payment or send funds to another Bank Account outside the US, via an International Wire.
To make a payment or send funds via an International Wire to a Bank Account outside the US:
- On the source account (the account from which the payment is being sent), Create a Contact with the:
- Beneficiary's Name, Phone Number and Address
- Beneficiary's Account Number, Swift Code
- Beneficiary's Bank Name and Address
- Correspondent Bank Details if applicable
- Solid provides an API to look up the bank name from the routing number or the swift number.
- Send a Wire Transfer with the amount, type=international and description to the contact ID containing the destination account details. The description must contains country specific details, purpose codes and the purpose of the wire. Information provided here ensures the timely review of the international wire at the ODFI. Click here for more details on international wire requirements, including country specific requirements.
- The funds are debited from the source account, and the destination account typically receives the funds within 48 hours, depending on the time the wire was initiated.
- Refer to the Wire cut-off times here.
- Using the Retrieve Bank Info API, you can lookup Bank Information by passing type=swift and the routingNumber=Bank's Swift Number (works well for International Banks).