A dispute is an inquiry that occurs when an account holder questions a transaction on their account. In most cases, the purpose of filing a dispute is to recover funds for transactions that have already been debited. Usually, the transaction in question is a debit transaction, as in, there was money withdrawn from the account.
A dispute could be filed for any transaction type: Book (Intrabank), ACH, Wire, Check, or a Card transaction. Solid triages every dispute and creates a formal process with the involved parties.
Solid investigates internally. Turnaround time is up to 7 days.
ACH, Wire, Check Disputes
Solid investigates with DDA sponsor bank. Turnaround time is up to 30 days.
Solid investigates with sponsor bank and the network. Turnaround time is up to 90 days. From the original transaction date, cardholders have no more than 110 days to file a dispute.
Please note that Debit Card disputes require the program to provide the cardholder with provisional credit for the disputed amount while the dispute is processed.
First, you should encourage your account holder to resolve the dispute directly with the counterparty, merchant, or service provider. If the account holder has exhausted all means of resolving the issue directly, please proceed to file a dispute via the Solid Dashboard:
- Locate the transaction in question in the Payments tab of the Solid Dashboard
- Click the Dispute button at the top right of the Transaction Details screen
- A dispute ticket window will open with the transaction details pre-populated
- Provide all the information related to the transaction being disputed. The more information you can provide on creating the dispute, the shorter the turnaround time. Please include:
- Reason for the dispute
- If the dispute is related to fraud, service not received or not as described, duplicate transaction or if the transaction was unauthorized, and
- Any supporting screenshots which prove the cardholder has tried to resolve this with the merchant or anything else that supports the dispute.
- If the dispute is not fraud related, the cardholder will need to sign and submit the Non-Fraud Dispute Form, which you can provide to Solid in the dispute ticket.
Once the ticket is created, the ticket link will be added to the Notes section. You will also receive an email with the Help Desk ticket number. Solid will continue to update you on the status of the dispute email. To view the latest update, you can view the ticket details in the dashboard.